Monday, June 13, 2011

Got to let you go

Gripping on to her hand tightly as the machine beeps at the background, each heart beat meant that she was alive for another minute. Brushing a stray hair off her pale face, I was holding her to my lips, praying so hard that she will live. I am never the person to cry easily as tears are sign of weaknesses and any sign of weakness can get you kill easily. But tonight the tears couldn't help but keep flowing down my face, the monitor can barely register her weak heartbeat. Even the most expert doctors say that they can't do anything, its all up to her now to fight for her life.
                            If......if...if she can live through this.... I will let her go...
Despite this guilty conscience, I still tear apart her wings and cage her so that she will belong only, solely to me. She will only smile and sing for me and me alone. I don't want to set her free because she is my only source of light in my darkness, her smiles, her laugh, the flowery smell of hers... It would break my heart to set her free, but this can't go on anymore. How many of those innocent smiles of her do I have to take away from her before it is enough? How much more of her do I have to taint before she break down? This have to end. I will end all of this when she wakes up. I will set this precious little bird free.

How can she be so silly!? Knowing that the cup of wine consist of poison, yet she drank it for me. Despite all that I have done to her..she still cares for me. How can I still be so selfish and trap her after everything that she have sacrifice for me. Its been three days already that she had been drifting between life and death.

  "So little bird, hurry wake up...You can go back to the blue sky that you belong once again", I said gently, holding on to her hand. So desperately wishing that she would just suddenly wake up and smile that sweet smile of hers to me again.

   All of the sudden, her fingers start twitching. And slowly she opened her eyes and wearily looked towards me, asking hoarsely "are you the one who have been calling me?". My heart nearly skipped a beat.


TO BE CONTINUED.........

No comments:

Post a Comment