Friday, June 15, 2012

Weary

Facebook? Twitter? Whatsapp?
Iphone? Notebook? E-book? Laptop? Samsung?

I am rather weary of it. Wanna talk to a friend? Go Facebook or Whatsapp.  Wanna share your thoughts? Go Facebook or Twitter. Wanna show something new? Facebook again and Tumblr.

I don't mean to criticize. I used to be a Facebook fan, addicted to my first computer game, Pet Society, for around 6 months or so. Even now, I can tell, I am hooked on my laptop. Trying to cut down to 2 hours a day, however that often depends on my mood.

Advanced technology is really awesome, from telegrams-telephone-skype-Internet(one of the greatest invention). Now you can stay in touch with pen pals and people from the other side of the world. Like globalisation, you get to explore beyond the boundaries of your country and gain knowledge so easily in just the palm of your hand. Varieties becomes unlimited and everything becomes so much easier just a click of button away.


Just as how technology diminished the distance of the world, it widens the distance between people.

The moment you step in the Mrt or bus, you can immediately spot a dozen of people with earphones on, eyes glued to the screen of their I-pad and phone. There is nothing wrong with that. Who wouldn't want to retreat into their own world having some entertainment rather than staring at the same scenery or dodging your neighbor's sleepy head?

Just that the world seemed to have gotten colder somehow. Everyone seemed so "busy". With their blackberries and all, making you feel like a gooseberry. People start to move in their own world, at their hurried pace, never stopping to breathe and just relax. They are too busy, in a hurry.
I wonder if anyone seen the forget-me-not blue sky streaked with slivery white clouds as the vibrant rays of the sun light up the world. Or the furious pattering of the rain blurring the vision of the thick glass, making you feel so glad that you are bone-dry in the bus.

In the bus, it makes me so tempted to use a needle and poke the bubble that people wrapped themselves in. The silence sometimes is so eerie, making you wonder if you are the only person "awake" in the bus, in both body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment