Thursday, July 05, 2012

Broken Kaleidoscope

   I marvel at my ability to be able to pretend that everything is normal after how badly each trauma hit me.

   It was as it I am looking through someone else's world instead....I feel so numb.. like a soul was to escape a broken shell. But I can't cause I am trapped...

  I used to be able to look through a Kaleidoscope and see all the wonderful patterns and colours dazzling. It was so beautiful, touching a deep corner of my heart.

  But slowly....the colours start to fade. A glass filled with myriad of colours dull like how the time rusted and stop. Everything stop then. At that point of time, was when the full blown of reality hit me. Ugly cracks start appearing, growing wider and wider. Then "Pang""Ping", shattered glass rained all over me.
"Slicing off my wings,
 piercing through my heart, 
snarling into my leg, 
pinning my hands, 
cutting off my vision"

I can't see anymore. nor can I fly. Slowly healing...taking off the shards of glass struck in me. It hurts. The glass is so painful! Can you make it stop? Every step is an agony. Every sound made is a misery. Crying silent blood from my eyes. Recover but never completely heal. 

Even when I try to piece it back....the Kaleidoscope lost its magic already. That very same day that happiness ran away from me. My broken wings and wounded heart was too heavy that I left it behind. 

I left the kaleidoscope locked deep in my heart. It was too painful to look at, seeing what you have lost and being so hard to get back.. 

Like the Kaleidoscope, I left behind a part of me that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment