Friday, July 05, 2013

Being weight conscious

Okay, I hate the extra fats that are building up at my stomach and upper legs.

It disgusting. I keep telling myself to exercise which I am obviously not doing.
But I am definitely not the kind of girl who skip meals just cause I am getting fat. I feel that 3 meals are super important! Especially breakfast and lunch. Lucky thing, I took this food and nutrition class and understand the importance of dieting. (FYI, going on a "diet" does not mean cutting down on your meals. Diet means a balanced and nutritious meal.)

I love eating. So I am not going to do stupid stuff like eat less cause you might lose weigh but you will gain back twice the amount. And whats the point if it is going to make me tired and think about food all day? Slimming pills and medicine are......not my cup of tea. I have this medical condition which requires me to take quite a bit of medication in all kinds of form whenever I am sick. So naturally, I hate pills and all those stuff. They usually make me feel sicker that I already am.

Your 3 meals are important, don't bother cheating. Your body is smarter than you think. But everybody's body is different, some eat 3 meals a day like me, while others eat divide it into 6 meals a day as they have small appetite. Some people have high metabolism, those are the people who no matter how much they eat still stay the same.

So what may work for you might not be the same for others as everybody is different.

I do cut down on food but in a good way. Like anything other than my 3 meals are unnecessary like tea-break,snacking and supper.
I usually eat the most for lunch to get me going through the day. :) Breakfast is a must for me as I can't really function or think on an empty stomach. Having gastric or stomach ache is the last thing you need on an early morning to work or school

Tips

  1. Eat protein-rich food for breakfast. 2 eggs are usually the recommended breakfast in keeping you full and energized for the day. Milk and cheese are good too. Oats may be healthy but not that effective
  2. Eat fruits before a meal. It is nutritious and helps you not to eat too much for a meal.
  3. Use a smaller plate when you are eating outside, as you will be tempted to fill up the whole plate
  4. Eat more home-cooked food. That way you can cut down the seasoning and use a healthier cooking method.
  5. Cut down on eating out with people. You tend to eat more in a crowd
  6. Best way is still excising 3 times a day for half an hour. (I am trying to skip 200 times a day)

Yup, best way is still excising. So cut down computer time and go grab a friend or your ipod and start moving. :) The best exercise is swimming though. best time to exercise is actually evening, but I love morning the most, they are my favourite part of the day. I can never stop admiring the views in the morning, they are the loveliest thing ever. :)

My goal is to cut down 6 kg. Actually more of the fats that are gathering at the lower part of my body. They are seriously an eyesore.....Urg.....good luck, me. I will start...soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment