Friday, July 01, 2011

Because of YOU

After being so long in the darkness,
I thought I would be trapped there forever
never to see the light
ever again

Suddenly you came along
bringing light to my world
joy, laughter and happiness 
things so foreign to me

Being outcasted
Being "special"
Unwanted
and Lonely

Darkness was all around
I tried so hard to fight it
but slowly
I got dragged into it too

But all of the sudden
you came along
easily pulled me out of my despair
and brought me to the light

Opening my eyes
and show me a side of the world
I hidden from

Opening your heart
to show me 
what I am worth 

Often told I was useless
Often named fat and stupid
Slowly I came to believed all of that
and become so ashamed of myself

Lowering my head 
and isolating myself
loneliness and sorrow for my company

But you came along
show me 
the gem of me
I truly am

Suddenly I become so beautiful
seeing a side of me 
I never seen before

Because of you
I am who I am
Because of you
I can see all the light and colour
my world actually has

Because all along you were by my side
so I believe I can fly
With you
I believe anything and everything is possible

Thank you for being my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment