Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey, I need a hug

Hey, I need a hug.
There is this coldness surrounding me
that I cannot shake off
which only human warmth could take away.

Hey, I need a smile.
There is this constant dark cloud
that hangs around my head
Only a smile may make me feel better

Hey, I need a listening ear
There is this overwhelming sadness, pain and anger
that keeps weighing me down
Which only a listening ear can take it off

Hey, I need a laugh
So used to being miserable
and unhappy that I forgotten what joy is
Can you help me to remember?

Hey, I need your shoulder
All this problems and trials hurled at me non-stop
that sometimes I feel so beaten down
a shoulder to cry on would be nice.

Hey, I need you
to be there for me no matter what
to be my light when I get lost
to be my refuge when I need escape
to be my helping hand when I am about to give up
to be my strength that keeps me going

I am going to keep relying on you. I can be there for you when you need me. But can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment