Thursday, March 08, 2012

Gloria Jeans or so

Yesterday, I started my new job at Gloria Jeans. It was awfully tiring... =_=


   While I have yet to recover my flu and block nose..... I jus went for my new job, praying to job that it will all go well. >< (This is kinda my first official one in the F&B industry) 


  There was this Indian man at the counter who Feng smiled at so I did the same, the guy did return the smile. Anyway, the starting was a total mess. Spring(the senior), she didn't know what to do with a newcomer like me. First, they teach me how to wear the apron and give me my name tag. 


  Spring have a very heavy Chinese accent so I could barely understand what she is talking about half the time. In the end, I gave up and speak chinese to her. She got the hint and just spoke chinese to me all the way :D I totally understand her now. 


  Now for the Indian man.....He is Da BOSS. I didn't know till he keep taking out his anger on Spring. =-=....He yelled at her :"SPRING! I ALREADY SAID CHAMOMILE TEA!" and slammed the drink on the table. Forcing her to entrust me to Sawza(Another girl) and run off. After that, he was still fuming around and scolded Sawza because I blend the iced Mocha (Not suppose to blend it). :(.... 


  Anyway, they teach me all the cold drinks expect for the top column of the drink list which are iced latte, mocha..etc.. the list is easy enough to follow but there were the diff quantity for diff size and some need to add this and not add that....so it get rather hectic and messy.... ;(


  I did make a few mistakes. Forgetting to add oreos for cookie and cream, forgetting to look and the correct side of the measuring jug. 


  They only teach me a few drinks then an order for mango chiller came in. I made it then first mistake.. you are supposed to use water for chiller. Smoothie is used skim milk. Swaza lied to the customer for my sake. She is really a nice person! Keep telling me "good job" and to take it easy. :) Spring is also nice, teaching me another few drinks. 


  Although I keep forgetting the difference between concentrated coffee and expresso shots. =_=...I keep thinking both were the same... But the concentrated coffee annoys me at time because I don't know how to spray in such a way that it wouldn't spurt to my face. Expresso shots is quite cool but the twisting of the expresso is tough, I accidentally burn myself. :_[ 


  Anyway Boss was is a better mood when the peak hour was over and treat us to two slices of cheesecake. Anyway, from what I gather, I think he is the type who goes crazy when stressed. He is very crude with his words as well. Saying things like, "so many girls around for me to have sex with" =_= or "girl cannot call girl, must boy call girl then they come. you see".... no respect for us female.                                   SERIOUSLY! What age and century are we in? Do you really think that we are still the type of female who can't live without a guy, who stays at home looking after the house and children??? 
    Well, sorry to burst your bubble, women are so much more capable now that we can even compete with men. >:P  But he took the effort to try to remember Jin Feng and my name. (I like people who bother to try to remember my name, because people tend to mispronounce my name. Its like giving me respect and telling me, I am worth the effort) So I can't decide what his personality is, he is okay, I guess.. in a way.


  Spring and Sawza is nice. :) But they left early. Lucy(a nice indian girl :) ) and Veneiza (another nice girl). Nice co workers. But not so nice customers. =^=.....Two impatient ladies keep scolding us today, Feng got the blunt of it though since she was stationed near the counter. (Sorry...) End up, I called Ummi (the manage of the company) for help since neither Feng or I know how to make the drinks. Suddenly a whole lot of order came in, it was crazy hour again, There are 3 peak hour so far.


Closing up was the worst. There are endless things to wash and a lot of things to do. By the time we were done, I was very tired from standing up all day and doing this and that... urg 


First Day at Gloria Jeans was interesting, enjoyable, tedious, tiring and hectic. I am feeling ver tired now. GOing to rest. Nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment